Veeam Backup & Replication 7.0 Patch 4 now available
June 5, 2014 Leave a comment
Veeam released Patch 4 for Veeam Backup & Replication 7.0.
This patch contains new features and resolved issues.
Make sure you are running version 184.108.40.2060, 220.127.116.115, 18.104.22.1684, 22.214.171.1241, 126.96.36.1993, 188.8.131.529 or 184.108.40.2060 prior to installing this patch. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam Backup & Replication console.
After upgrading, your build will be version 220.127.116.111
The release notes are here. Link to the download at the bottom of the release notes.
New features and enhancements:
VMware Virtual SAN (VSAN)
- In addition to adding basic support (as provided by other vendors), the intelligent load-balancing engine was enhanced to account for VSAN specifics. As the result, for each VM the job will pick backup proxy running on VSAN cluster node with most of the virtual disks’ data available locally. This significantly reduces backup traffic on VSAN cluster network, resulting in minimum possible impact on production environment from backup activities.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 both as the protected guest workload (including application-aware processing functionality), and the back-end database for backup and Enterprise Manager servers.
License key auto update
- Added automated license key update option to the License Information dialog. With auto-update enabled, the product will check Veeam licensing server periodically for an updated license key, and download and install the key automatically as soon as it becomes available. This feature is particularly useful to the Service Providers and subscription-based customers, and it removes the need to download and install the license key manually each time when the license extension is purchased.
- The maximum allowed amount of restore points in the Backup Copy job has been increased to 999.
- Backup Copy will now resume the transfer after network connection drop to a Linux-based backup repository.
- Backup Copy jobs should no longer report errors during the days when source backup jobs are not scheduled to run – for example, during the weekend.
- Added support for certain Hardware VSS Providers that previously could not be detected by the storage rescan process, and as such could not be used by the jobs.
- Jobs will now retry failed snapshot creation when another shadow copy of the same volume is already in progress, instead of immediately failing to process a VM.