5nine Cloud Security 4.0 for Hyper-V released
February 9, 2014 Leave a comment
5nine Cloud Security for Hyper-V is the first and only agentless anti-malware and virtual firewall solution for the Windows Server Hyper-V, utilizing the flexibility of Hyper-V Extensible Switch. It offers some unique features like support for NVGRE. The solution is interesting for service providers who like to protect their customer virtual machines but do not have access to the guest operating system.
Cloud Security for Hyper-V is the new name of 5nine’s Security Datacenter for Windows Server Hyper-V. See the datasheet for detailed info.
Cloud Security is available as a free edition (with limitations) and a paid edition.
Download the free edition here.
Enterprises and cloud providers can:
- Secure multi-tenant Hyper-V environments and provide VM isolation
- Protect Hyper-V with light-speed agentless antivirus
- Enforce PCI-DSS, HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
5nine Cloud Security 4.0 for Hyper-V features:
- Secure multi-tenancy and VM isolation
- Virtual Machine security groups and cloud tenant security
- User/roles access that allows users or user groups to manage only objects associated with them
- Agentless antivirus for Hyper-V hosts and real-time protection for VMs
- NVGRE support
- New LWF R2 vSwitch extension
- Enhanced API and advanced event logging
- Standard license is available for fewer than or equal to 10 VMs per 2 CPU.
- Datacenter license is available for unlimited number of VMs per 2 CPU.
- SPLA license is available for hosting providers upon request.
Thomas Maurer has written a comprehensive blogpost about 5nine here.