vExpert 2014 nominations are now open!
February 6, 2014 Leave a comment
Time flies! Nominations for the vExpert 2014 programme are open! Nominate yourself or someone else but do it before March 6th at midnight PST.
A vExpert is recognized by VMware as someone who contributes to the VMware community by sharing knowledge (via blogs, a book, presentations etc), being a VMUG leader or tool builder or being an enthusiast.
Benefits for being a vExpert are fame, the honour, having access to beta programms, enjoy vExpert parties during VMworld and Partner Exchange, get access to services like vCHS, access to briefings about to be released products etc. Other vendors appreciate vExperts as well. Last year benefits were for example:
- SimpliVity offered a free, personalized Raspberry Pi for vExperts.
- TrainSignal gave away a one-year subscription to all their online video trainings.
- HP gives away a NFR license of its StoreVirtual VSA.
The number of vExperts has increased each year.
- 2009 – 253
- 2010 – 300
- 2011 – 326
- 2012 – 433 vExpert by the numbers
- 2013 – 577 vExpert by the numbers
In 2014 two changes are introduced to the programme
- a fast track for current vExperts. No need to fill in the complete form. Just tell VMware what you did to the community in 2013.
- a quarterly nomination. If you are not selected as a vExpert this quarter, you do not have to wait a full year for new voting.
Apply and more information in this VMware blogpost.