Zerto introduces Virtual Replication 3.1
December 20, 2013 Leave a comment
Zerto today introduced Zerto Virtual Replication version 3.1. Virtual Replication is targeted at service providers and enterprises which want to provide disaster recovery for virtual machines running on VMware vSphere.
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM) Enhancements
- Improved Zerto Virtual Replication Appliance (VRA) Management
- Flexible Journal
- Zerto Self-Service Portal Login
- Expanded REST APIs
- New Alerts and Events Tab
A detailed overview of what is new in version 3.1 is here.
In ZVR 3.0, Zerto introduced the Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM), which provided one view of all customer (or department) resources and service levels across physical locations. ZVR 3.1 extends these capabilities providing CSPs and enterprises one pane of glass for management, orchestration, reporting and monitoring of BC/DR operations across multiple sites. With the new ZCM, IT administrators can protect and mobilize production workloads between multiple locations within a single web-based user interface, all with just a few clicks.
The ZVR journal enables recovery to multiple points in time, ensuring successful recovery from disasters and logical corruptions. With 3.1, the size of the journal automatically increases and decreases based on the amount of changed data, completely eliminating the management overhead of maintaining journal size and ensuring protection even when applications generate large bursts of data.
Additional features of ZVR 3.1 include:
- Increased manageability of alerts and events with a new centralized tab for better cause/effect analysis
- Expanded REST API capabilities for orchestration, events and alerts
- Improved environment maintenance using new VRA tabs and workflows