VMware vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 released
December 10, 2013 Leave a comment
VMware released vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 at December 10. This release was announced at VMworld Barcelona in October. The software is available in the Operations Management Suite 5.8 Standard, Advanced and Enterprise editions.
Read my post about the announcement here.
Main enhancements are:
- monitor business critical applications
- monitor fiber channel storage
- monitor Hyper-V servers
- monitor Amazon AWS services
release notes are here.
download Operations Manager 5.8 here.
What is new:
vCenter Operations Manager 5.8 is the latest release of VMware’s integrated operations suite, converging performance, capacity, and configuration management. This new release introduces the following enhancements.
Improved Enterprise Readiness
- Optimized query execution to improve performance at scale.
- Enhanced authentication options with new active directory integration for authentication.
- Improved security with upgrades to the OS and runtime environment.
- New integration with VMware Log Insight using a vCenter Operations Manager Content Pack that enables you to monitor your vCenter Operations Manager infrastructure.
- Expanded integration with vCenter Hyperic using the vCenter Operations Management Pack for vCenter Hyperic. This management pack provides many new capabilities, such as:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V servers, including out of the box dashboards for troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange and SQL Servers, with out of the box dashboards for troubleshooting.
- Several new management packs are available for download. Check the Cloud Management Marketplace on the VMware Solution Exchange for more details:https://solutionexchange.vmware.com/store/vcops.