Case study: Building bi-directional DR and backup for the business
December 12, 2012 Leave a comment
Virtualization adds some challenges when it comes to disaster recovery (DR). DR procedures just aren’t the same in a virtualized environment as they are in a physical one and they require a different approach. Join VMware VCDX and vExpert, Joep Piscaer, during this one-hour webinar as he highlights the most important implementation steps and gives a very detailed analysis of a DR project he implemented.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Evaluating a datacenter (DC)—Designing and documenting SLA requirements.
- Developing a new DC design—Overview of products and components.
- Choosing a DR approach—Analyzing, implementing and testing a DR solution
The second part of the session will be devoted to a practical application of the lessons Joep learned:
- How to improve the recovery performance and Recovery Time Objectives?
- Find out possible bottlenecks of the DR implementation.
- Technical deepdive: how was Veeam Backup & Replication leveraged to achieve a reliable DR?
- Live demo
The webinar should be interesting for IT managers and system administrators.