Zerto Virtual Replication Update 7 released
April 16, 2012 Leave a comment
Zerto released mid April 2012 Update 7 of it’s replication solution Virtual Replication 1.o.
Update 7 offers:
- Ability to determine VM boot order in a VPG
- Export\Import cmdlets now support multiple sites configuration
- Failover Test from Recovery Site
- Ability to limit the number or size of protected VMs
- Improved Synchronization
- New Alerts
- Improved Diagnostics and Logs Collection utility
- Enhanced & Improved GUI
A VPG or Virtual Protection Group is used in Zerto Virtual Replication to protect virtual machines which have a relationship with eachother. Think about a webserver, application server and database VM which offer a single application to the end user. You want to be sure those three VM’s are replicated using the same properties (schedule).
Using Update 7 the boot- and shutdown sequence of VM’s part of a VPG can be modified. Groups can be created which membership determines the bootorder or shutdown order. VPG’s can be ranked as well as virtual machines member of the VPG. So you can set the database server to boot first, then the application server and last the webserver.